GRSJ 450: Directed Studies
Term 1 and Term 2
Students must complete the following steps before being registered into a directed studies course:
- Choose a topic or area of interest.
- Identify a faculty member you would be interested in working with and inquire if they are able to supervise the course. (Sessional Instructors are not able to supervise these courses.)
- Work with your supervising faculty member to design a detailed course description, forms of assessment, and a draft reading list.
- Once you have the approval of the supervising faculty member on these documents, please submit the details and other relevant documents in the form below.
- You must also include written confirmation that your supervisor has agreed to work with you. For example, a copy of email correspondence or a signed statement.
- If your course plan is approved by the GRSJ Undergraduate Chair you will be registered in the course by the department and informed of your registration.